Judge William J. Haddad (Ret.)
Jury Instructions-IL > Intentional Torts
How to Use these Instructions – Updated to 40 sets
Here are 40 sets of jury instructions selected from over 350 jury trials with verdicts from a few thousand dollars to $81 million. They are in WORD files for download, separation, and numbering. They are not presented as ironclad “law”, but rather to reflect the efforts of a jury trial judge and the highly skilled litigators who appeared in my courtroom in Chicago. They are offered for your use in the spirit of the camaraderie of our great profession.
- Fraud & Truth In Lending (TILA) – Draft Auto dealership sued under TILA. Draft IPIs as case settled before trial.
- Sexual Exploitation – “statutory tort” Violation of Psychotherapy Act by engaging in sexual relationship with patient.
- Civil Conspiracy, Battery, Sexual Assault, Emot. Dist. & Malicious Prosecution Highly modified with Non-IPI instructions as to multiple claims and counterclaims.
- False Imprisonment at Hospital Instructions on punitive damages, missing witness & non-IPI instructions on Battery & False Imprisonment.
- Policeman sued for use of Taser Plaintiff tasered at his residence during domestic disturbance.
- Rape versus counterclaim of Defamation Sexual assault suit defended by claim of consent, and countered by claim of defamation.